The Bioexpression and Fermentation Facility (BFF) in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Georgia provides state-of-the-art equipment and wide-ranging expertise in biotechnological applications to academic and industry clients. Our array of services can be tailored to meet your needs.
Established in 1967, the BFF has grown and maintained an array of state-of-the-art equipment. BFF resource experts speed the pace of your research, development and manufacturing.
BFF is experienced in transferring processes to commercial manufacturers.
- Pre-clinical Pharmaceuticals
- Biological Reagents
- Industrial Biotech
- Academic Research
- Fermentation equipment from 750mL to 750L
- Downstream processing equipment including homogenization (12k psi), TFF (10 m2) & hollow fiber (up to 12 m2)
- Preparative & Analytical HPLC
- Low pressure chromatography (up to 3 L/min.)
- Array of chromatography equipment for projects (up to 25L packed column)
- Shelf Lyophilizers (Purified proteins only)